Saturday, May 05, 2007

Still life with apples, stage 4

Day four in the still life with apples: today I added the stems to the apples and made the color of some apples more bright. Also I added some highlight to the apples (lightest 'white' reflecting part). Progress now is rather slow, not only due to the nice weather, but also because I now have to keep some areas dry (ie no paint). In this way I can keep the edges sharp: when paint runs over the edge into a dry area, one can polish it away again, as opposed to when two areas are covered with paint. But I hope the painting will be finished in one or two more layers. Monday I'll turn to refining the box again...


Still life with apples, stage 4, 42x35 cm, oil on masonite.

Not for sale yet

2 Comments:

Blogger RenĂ© PleinAir said...

No more plein air work Jos?

It's a little quiet hero.

I've tagged you, to see what's it about see my weblog.

3:17 PM  
Blogger JVR said...

hello rene

I got the opportunity to rent the persingen church
the last weekend of june, so I have
to do a lot of stuff to meet this
deadline. (paint still lifes etc).
That's why I temporarily froze the
account.. But when the weather is nice
again, I will take a day to come over
to arnhem or westervoort and paint..

jos

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home