Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What is this called?

This piece of fruit I bought at the Albert Heijn supermarket was labeled 'rambutan'. According to wikipedia however, a rambutan looks completely different. Does anyone know what the name of this fruit is? Tried to paint with a soft synthetic brush today. Completely different properties than the stiff hog bristles I use normally.

What is this called?, 12x7 cm, oil on masonite.

You can Buy this painting now.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, JVR,
I enjoyed imagining what it's like looking at this fruit through your eyes. ^U^
In Thailand, we call this kind of fruit 'mung-kud' which is 'mangosteen' in dictionary. Isn't it wonderful this tropical fruit had somehow travelled miles and miles to be with you?

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home